Acupuncture Research Competition
The call for entries has gone out for the annual Acupuncture Research Award. First-, second- and third-place awards will be presented at AAMA's Symposium 2005:
- First Place: $1,500. Paper to be presented at AAMA's Symposium in Atlanta, GA, April 2005. Symposium registration, travel to $500 and three night's hotel lodging for the presenting author.
- Second Place: $750. Registration for AAMA's Symposium in Atlanta, April 2005. Travel to the Symposium paid to $500.
- Third Place: $350. Registration for AAMA's Symposium in Atlanta, April 2005.
Papers for second and third place to be announced at the Symposium. The authors will be acknowledged there.
- Submissions must be original work, in either clinical research or basic biochemical or physiological research pertaining to acupuncture. The work must not be previously published. Work done and accepted for publication during the 2003-2004 year period will be considered, if the publishing journal will allow presentation at AAMA's Symposium.
- Papers should include the name and degree of the principle author and any coworkers, the institution or affiliation (if any), mailing address and telephone/fax numbers. E-mail address are desirable but not mandatory.
- Submissions should be received by Feb. 1, 2005. Beyond that date, due to judging time and notification needs prior to the spring Symposium, papers cannot be guaranteed acceptance for this year.
- Submissions will be judged and rated on originality, suitability for publication, research design, and clinical or basic science relevance.
- If human subjects are involved in the research, proper informed consent must have been obtained and approval of appropriate institutional review committees obtained, where applicable.
- All submissions must be in English. All proprietary rights to the research work are reserved to the author(s), including future right to publish any and all aspects of the research.
- Acknowledgement of receipt of the submission will be sent within 15 working days. The AAMA Board of Directors will assign a panel of judges. Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of the judges and the AAMA Board. Winners will be notified in adequate time to attend the spring Symposium.
- Six copies of the paper should be sent to:
Research Award Contest
c/o Todd C. Royal
12930 Ventura Blvd., #923
Studio City, CA, 91604
All submissions must be mailed to AAMA by Feb. 1, 2005. For further information, contact Todd C. Royal (818/906-3173, email@example.com).